coppe' vs. bit-phalanx yogurt
A jam-packed, or should we say fruit flavoured yoghurt pack, of remixes from the eccentric songstress, Coppe’, and London based collective, Bit-Phalanx.
The artists in question present no less than fourteen versions of ‘Yogurt’, a track from Coppe’s last album, ‘Artificial Insemination’
- 01. Yogurt (Gareth Clarke Remix)
- 02. Yogurt (T-toe’s Muesli & Honey Remix)
- 03. Yogurt (Kelli Ali’s Black Cherry Remix)
- 04. Yogurt (Professor Ojo Remix)
- 05. Yogurt (Mrs Jynx Remix)
- 06. Yogurt (Jilk’s With Bits Mix)
- 07. Yogurt (Niggle’s Probiotic Suppository)
- 08. Yogurt (Terminal 11’s Mango Lassi Remix)
- 09. Yogurt (Fred moTh Ball Remix)
- 10. Yogurt (Minotaur Shock Remix)
- 11. Yogurt (Mr O’s Fungal Remedy Remix)
- 12. Me No Heart (Libythth’s Yogurt Remix)
- 13. Yogurt (Martin Phone’s Higher Culture Remix)
- 14. Yogurt (Kettel & Secede’s Lo Amal Remix)
Proceeds from this album will be donated towards the 2011 Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami relief appeal!
When ordering the CD from Bit-Phalanx you also instantly receive the full download edition in the digital format of your choice. This download exclusively contains three additional bonus tracks not available anywhere else!
- 15. Yogurt (Original – by Coppe’ & Takachie)
- 16. Yogurt (The Jash Mash)
- 17. Yogurt (King Elytron’s Dietary Chaos Remix)
First 100 CDs also come with exclusive sticker set!
First 50 CDs personally autographed by Coppe’ herself!
In early 2011, a mutual friend introduced Coppe’ to artists of the UK’s freshest electronic label, Bit-Phalanx, and ideas for collaborative and remix projects were quickly fired back and forth.
On the evening of March 10th, 2011, Coppe’ returned to Tokyo from visiting friends and family in Hawaii. Within the next 12 hours on March 11th, before having even finished unpacking her suitcase, the first of what was to be Japan’s most destructive Earthquakes in recent memory had hit the country, causing the shocking Tsunami that virtually destroyed all that it came into contact with. While Coppe’ was one of the fortunate ones who safely avoided the Tsunami in Tokyo, millions were not so lucky and will be facing the resulting tragedy daily for the next few years to come. Coppe’ and Bit-Phalanx felt it more than appropriate to come together to help raise whatever they can for the cause and needy charities helping the Tsunami relief effort. So, with the help of a a few close friends and associates, Bit-Phalanx and Coppe’ carved together a collection of beautiful and bewildering remixes to hopefully raise what they can for the cause.
Taken from 2010’s ‘Artificial Insemination’ album, the infectious track ‘Yogurt’ becomes the key ingredient for 14 remixes by the roster and associates of Bit-Phalanx. Released on limited edition deluxe CD and download, Coppe’ vs. Bit-Phalanx – ‘Yogurt’ boasts an impressive list of special guest remixers who kindly donated their time and talent to the album; Including Kettel (Planet-Mu / Neo Ouija), Minotaur Shock (4AD), Mrs Jynx (Planet-Mu), Gareth Clarke (Sublight), Terminal 11 (Cockrockdisco / Phthalo), Libythth (Phthalo) and former Sneaker Pimps vocalist Kelli Ali (One Little Indian). Not only this, but the album cover also features the photography of notable London-based portrait and fashion photographer, Adrian Lourie.